Engagement January 1, 2006.



After a year of dating Houston and I were engaged on January 1st 2006 at a New Years Eve dance. Exactly one year before at the same dance we shared our first kiss at midnight. I knew I wanted our first kiss to be special and will always remember it. The night of our engagement Houston told all of our family and friends he would propose to me, I was pretty clueless until it happened. I thought it was so weird that he had insisted upon bringing his video camera to the dance, but he refused to leave it in the car. It was right before midnight and I turned to him and sarcastically said "Are you so excited?" (Meaning for it to be the new year) and he said "I'd be even more excited if you'd be my wife." As I looked at him he was already down on one knee in the middle of a huge crowd including all of our freinds and my sister. He asked if I would marry him and it was so loud I don't know if he ever heard me say yes (but of course I did!).

1 comment:

jhjonze said...

That is the cutest engagement story I think I've ever heard!