Our Wedding Day May 4, 2006.

What I remember about our wedding day...


I woke up very early in the morning and my lifesaver Katie aka my cousin arrived at my house to do my hair and makeup. She had also done all of the flowers for my wedding, and my sisters hair and makeup. How one person does so much and it still turns out perfect I'll never know. The people who know me best, know that my biggest stressor in life is being on time. I was ready to go to the temple and we still had to go pic up my groom. I realized my family was a little less than ready when I walked into the kitchen and my dad was cooking pancakes in his robe. But of course, worring and stressing never did do any good. We arrived on time...and honestly would they have started without us? Before the wedding they wanted Houston and I to walk into the sealing room together after all of our guests were seated and wating. We waited in a small room, just the two of us before the big moment. I don't think I have ever had such an awkward moment with Houston, it was like "....so....were getting married in a few minutes huh?" Houston didn't seem a bit nervous the whole day (except when he had to sign his name on the marraige liscence, he claims he just doesn't know how to sign his middle name in cursive). I was nervous and excited and mostly relieved that the day had finally come. It was a beautiful wedding and all our friends and family were there. I was a bit windy for pictures and apparently too sunny for Houston. The only picture he has his eyes open in is one with his sunglasses on. We had a great luncheon made by my mother in law Terry, and sister in law Emily. Our reception was at the Old Rock Church in Providence and turned out just how I wanted it to. We had made all of the table centerpeices ourselves and the reception center liked them so much they offered to buy them from us. We had crum-cakes (pronounced Croom Kackas) filled with strawberrys and cream for our refreshments and danced our first dance as husband and wife to Collide by Howie Day. Instead of trashing our car after the reception our families filled it with snacks and flowers and gifts, a tradition every family should start. It was a great day and I woulnd't change a thing.

No comments: